Ingredients: 100% Organic Spirulina
100% Vegan/vegetarian, Kosher, Halal, Non-GMO, Gluten Free
Suggested Use: Take one capsule up to three times per day with water.
The benefits of spirulina include:
1. Being a powerhouse of nutrients: Spirulina includes vitamins B1, 2, and 3, iron, magnesium, iron, and potassium. Studies show it really is one of the most nutrient-dense foods there is, qualifying it for full-blown superfood status. But scientific research also says that not all spirulina has the same amount of benefits; some spirulina sources are better than others.
2. Assists the body in flushing out toxins, including heavy metals: Spirulina is such a powerful detoxifier that it's sometimes used as a natural water filter, keeping out lead, mercury, and other seriously harmful toxins. The reason why it works so well is because it contains proteins and peptides that are particularly good at binding to the toxins and excreting them out of the body. That way, they aren't being absorbed into your bloodstream and working their way into your system.
3. Boosts the immune system: You know how filling your room with houseplants can help you breath better? Plants aren't the only green that have that effect—this vibrantly hued algae can as well. Spirulina contains a compound called phycocyanin, an antioxidant that fights off anything that could cause damage to your cells. If you feel a cold coming on—or everyone around you seems to be sick—it can't hurt to work some extra spirulina into your diet to give your immune cells that added layer of protection.
4. Lower blood pressure: That antioxidant effect works in favor for blood pressure, too, by helping increase blood flow. Spirulina increases the production of nitric oxide, a gas molecule that helps widen blood vessels. That way, blood flows more easily and the heart doesn't have to work as hard.
5. Support healthy weight management: First off, even though spirulina is full of nutrients, it only has 20 calories per tablespoon. It also contains an amino acid called l-phenylalanine, which has been linked to suppressing appetite.
6. Increases endurance and helps muscular endurance: Any boost in the blood flow department is going to help endurance when you need it the most.
7. Prevents reoccurring yeast infections: It helps balance vaginal bacteria. Just like how spirulina is a magnet for toxins like heavy metals, it also attracts candida cells and can flush them out of the body. And it isn't just bringing balance down below; the same course of action can happen in your gut, too, to help bring balance there as well.
8. Helps fight allergies: If pollen, dog hair, grass, or other environmental factors are putting your allergies into overdrive, spirulina can jump into action, fighting them off.